Though Burt Ward has an organization called “Gentle Giants,” a Great Dane rescue, it looks like Adam West had his OWN gentle giant back in the day!

While we were discussing Olivia Newton-John’s “Grace and Gratitude” after church, I was telling our keyboardist about “If Not For You.” And of course, it got stuck in my head. Bob Dylan wrote it, but ONJ KILLS it!

Monday the 13th – MUSEUM MANIA! – The alarm went off at 10am so I could get to a session in Santa Monica by 11:45. I got a call from my pal Ruben Procopio to talk about the big Batman ’66 event we’re working on for the Hollywood Museum, and then I hit the road around 10:45. Traffic was great, so I made it to Lime Studios by 11:30 for the session. It was a lot of fun and didn’t take long. I was at my favorite Mexican restaurant Campo’s by 12:30. I ate a delicious lunch and then drove home to do some work around the house. I walked over to my printer’s to pick up a poster print of a design I did for display at the upcoming Batman ’66 exhibit at the Hollywood Museum. On my way back home I stopped by Studiopolis and picked up a check. My pal Kevin Segall texted me and said he was in the area. I owed him a tour of Planet Wallywood. So I hurriedly straightened up the place and gave him a quick tour. After he left I grabbed a quick nap, and then got up later for a bunch of auditions. I typed out Wally’s Week, and then created a document for the museum. They needed a full listing, complete with photographs, description and values, of each of the items I’d be loaning the museum. It was a lot of work, but worth it. I made some tomato soup and a sandwich and watched a few more of the edited Johnny Carson “Tonight Show” episodes.

Tuesday the 14th – HEY ARNOLD! THE JUNGLE MOVIE! – I spent the early morning on phone calls, and then finally hit the hay around 10am. I slept until 3 and did a last-minute audition when I awoke. I got ready for the premiere party for the new Nickelodeon animated film “Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie.” My pal Brittney Powell came over around 5:15 and we hit the road for the party in central L.A. The traffic was great and we made it well on time. We watched the film from 6 to 7:30, and then the party started with food, music and fun. Though I only have a few lines as Mr. Hyunh, Oskar and some random thugs, it’s a real honor to be involved in such a gorgeous, heart-warming film. I congratulated creator and producer Craig Bartlett after the screening. I also mentioned to him that I just recently realized that it was he who animated the “Penny” cartoons in “Pee-Wee’s Playhouse!” What an amazing talent. After a few more photos and conversations with my agents Cathey and Erin, and other cast members, Brittney and I headed over to the Coral Café to get some comfort food. Then I went home to grab a short nap on the couch by the fireplace. It’s getting to be that time of year again, and I really love it! Later I got up and busied myself doing museum work. I was so busy I didn’t get to bed until 11am Wednesday morning!

Wednesday the 15th – WEDNESDAY WALKIES! – It was a gorgeous day for a walk, so when I woke up late afternoon I walked over to my neighborhood Kinko’s to have the Batman poster I created mounted on to foam core. On the way home I stopped by the hardware store and picked up a few needed items. It was wonderful to get out and enjoy some exercise! I did some more work on my insurance forms for the museum, and then napped a bit. When I woke up I had intended to do my auditions, but my internet was out. So I busied myself with completing my insurance packet. Luckily the internet came back on in a few hours, so I did my auditions and e-mailed them into my agents. I fed and walked Roxy on our late night stroll through the neighborhood, and then I made some chili and watched a few more episodes of the Johnny Carson “Tonight Show.” I’m LOVING these!

Thursday the 16th – SLOTH DAY! – Every once in a while you just need a “sloth day;” where you lie around and don’t do anything. Bruno Mars did a song about it, I think. Well, today was one of those days for me. When I got up at 4 it was too late to drive to my seamstress Karyn’s studio, so I walked Roxy and then came back inside, lit a fire in the fireplace and napped on the couch for a bit. I woke up around 6 to the sound of it raining outside. WONDERFUL! I fed Roxy and Spooky and laid down again to enjoy the sound of the rain. I guess my body really needed the rest! When I got up later I did a ton of auditions, some more museum work, worked on reconciling my bank statements, got a deposit ready, watched a few more “Tonight Show” episodes, and then hit the hay.

Friday the 17th – WHAT A WEEK! – The week ended with a bang…and lots to do. I got up at 12:30 and did a last-minute audition. My assistant Sara came over at 1 to stay with the maids while they cleaned my house. I needed to walk over to Voice Trax West to do a session at 1:45. It was another brisk, wonderful walk. I did a session for ads for a children’s hospital, went next door to the bank to make a deposit, and then walked over to Kinko’s to pick up my mounted poster. It turned out really great! I got a sandwich from Subway to go, and then headed home to enjoy it. My friend Edi called and we chatted for a bit, then I finished up the third and final conceptual sketch for one of the displays at the Batman ’66 exhibit at the Hollywood Museum. I did a little work around the house, and then grabbed a short nap on the couch. I got up later to finalize the master list of all the items we’re getting in for the exhibit (we have collectors from all over the country loaning items!) and then I did some other organizational work. I made a Chef Boy Ardee pizza-in-a-box (YUM!) and started watching the Season 2 DVDs of “I Dream of Jeannie.”

Saturday the 18th – AN APPLE A DAY… OR NIGHT!  – The day started with a meeting with my old pal Joe Garner at Jerry’s Famous Deli. We talked about a lot of great things; new ideas and projects for the future. Then I went to my mailbox to pick up my packages, got some groceries for movie night, and then headed home to unload the groceries. My friends Scott and Vickie Sebring came over and we chatted for a while before movie night started. Upon the recommendation of my pal Chris Malmin we watched “The Apple” on Blu Ray. I had been warned that it was pretty awful, but actually it’s not as bad as I had feared. But I kept wishing the music was better and catchier. After my guests left I napped on the couch by the fire for a bit, and then I got up to rehearse the songs I’d be singing for church on Sunday evening. I made my traditional Saturday Night Super Salad and watched episode 6 of “SNL” with Lily Tomlin. It’s starting to get much funnier!

Sunday the 19th – SUNDAY SINGING! – When I got up at 3 I started warming up to sing two vastly different songs at evening church. The first was “I Just Want to Celebrate” by Rare Earth, a rocker, and the second was a soft ballad by Olivia Newton-John called “Grace and Gratitude.” My voice was a little creaky though. I wasn’t sure if it was because of allergies, acid reflux, fatigue or what. But by the time I walked to church to rehearse everything was working fine. Shortly after we rehearsed “Grace and Gratitude,” Patsy (our percussionist and vocalist) texted a friend of hers’ who sings with Olivia in concerts. She told her we’d be doing “Grace and Gratitude” at our evening service. Her friend texted back that she thought it was awesome. She also mentioned that Olivia was right there with her and she told her about it too. She said Olivia thought it was great. WOW! How cool! My adopted grandma Shirley arrived with my friend Amy and we enjoyed the service. It was a small crowd because of some awards show that was on TV, but it’s all about quality, not quantity. All went well until it was time to walk up front for communion. Shirley didn’t think she’d be able to make it. She was feeling light-headed and weak again. She’s been having trouble with high blood pressure recently, but when she confessed that she hadn’t eaten anything since noon I started to think it was because of that. Amy and I walked her up front and then let her sit down for a while. We had all planned on going out for steaks after church, but we decided it was best for Amy to take Shirley home and have her get some rest. So Roxy and I walked back home and napped by the fire. I got up later for my nightly auditions and more museum work. I made soup and a sandwich and watched another couple of episodes of “I Dream of Jeannie” before bed.

And how was YOUR week??!!


The Southwest Florida Eaglecam is back in action, and it looks like they’ve been busy organizing the nest, mating and incubating the egg. Only one egg so far…but hopefully there will be more!

Here are a few great shots from the “Hey Arnold! A Jungle Movie” premiere party.

My two characters in the movie…Mr. Hyunh and Oskar!