I’ve always loved this “Doggie Language” illustration. It makes me laugh every time I see it!

 One of the great ‘earworm’ TV themes of the 60’s was the theme from “The Addams Family.” Since I’ve begun watching the second season episodes, of COURSE I’m singing the theme the rest of the night! And now, you will be too!


Monday the 28th – WEDNESDAY ON MONDAY! – Since I had slept all night in the Puppet Room, rather unexpectedly, I was up at 10 and raring to go. So I spent the morning scanning and organizing the collection of personal Andy Kaufman photos that I had bought at a recent auction. I put them away in my photo albums, and then did some work around the house. I boxed up a few eBay items I sold, and then went to the post office to mail them off. While I was there I noticed a little girl with her mom, and she was wearing a very peculiar black and white dress. I recognized it as a “Wednesday Addams” dress. I said to her, “Wednesday Addams?” Immediately she went into character and gave me a somber “Wednesday-esque” face. Her mom said, “See, you’re famous!” I told her I was just starting the second season of “The Addams Family” on DVD and she said proudly, “I’ve seen every episode!” It’s great that she wants to wear her homemade Wednesday Addams dress in public like that. When I used to wear my homemade “Star Trek” tunic in public, I got ridiculed and beat up. My how the times have changed! I picked up some packages at my mailbox and then headed to McDonald’s for lunch. I got home to do some more work, and then as evening approached I grabbed a nap. I got up later to do a bunch of auditions, and more work around the house. I typed out Wally’s Week and then made my final package of Hormel’s Sloppy Joes sandwich makers kit. I think they’ve discontinued it, which makes sense. The unwritten rule in my life is, “If Wally likes it, it MUST go away!” It’s been the story with virtually everything I come to like. This is no different. So I enjoyed the final Hormel sloppy joes and watched more season 2 “The Addams Family” episodes before bed. Having just seen “The Wizard of Oz” on the big screen the previous night, I was pleasantly surprised to see the amazing Margaret Hamilton in the 2-part episode! She was playing a character that was very similar to her “Miss Gulch” character in “Oz.”

Tuesday the 29th – GREAT DANE PAIN! – I drove into West Hollywood to have lunch with an old friend who used to work at an agency I used to be with. As we were dining on the patio, I noticed all of the great dogs that were coming and going in and out of the restaurant! The restaurant is all glass, and as one Great Dane was heading out with his Mom, he bonked his big head right into the glass wall! Dogs can’t really see glass, so he probably just thought he was going back outside! Poor doggie! I wanted to go over and kiss his big boo-boo head. On the way home I stopped at the store and got some food for my own doggie, and then drove home and did some work. I grabbed a short nap, and then got up to do a bunch of auditions. I made some lasagna and watched a few more episodes of “The Addams Family.”

Wednesday the 30th – THRILLING THUNDER! – Recently I was told that chiropractic adjustments can help TMJ issues. Though my recent TMJ issues have mostly gone way (thank God!) I figured I’d get an appointment with my chiropractor anyway to mitigate any further issues. After the appointment I went to Weinerschnitzel to get a few chili cheese dogs with kraut, and then I went to my mailbox to get my packages. I got home to do some work, listed a few things on eBay, did some auditions, and then napped on The Most Comfortable Couch in the Universe for a while. I got up later and did more auditions, and then drove over to Denny’s to get some food to go. I did some more eBay listings, and got ready to eat my food and watch more “Addams Family” episodes. Another four-day rainstorm had moved into the Los Angeles area, and this one came with unusual thunder and lightning! It was amazing hearing the thunder outside, and it was so powerful it rattled the house and windows! Cool!

Thursday the 31st – FANTASTIC FLORPUS! – By the time I got up in the afternoon it was sunny out, but everything was still wet from the good soaking we got. A TON of auditions had come in, so I started in on them. I spent most of the afternoon working on them, but I needed to get ready for a cast and crew screening of the new “Invader Zim” movie called “Enter the Florpus” at the Nickelodeon studios! I had been wanting to see this for quite some time! It was great seeing the other Voice Actors, as well as the writers and artists. The movie is absolutely DAZZLING, and I can’t wait for you to see it! When I got home I took a short nap, then I got up to finish the load of auditions that had come in. I went back on the couch to nap some more and got up around 10am on Friday!

Friday the 1st – ‘MOORE’ FRIDAY FUN! – I had the entire day ahead of me since I slept all night on my couch. I did a little work, and then called my pal Edi to meet me for lunch at Paty’s. I went next door to my mailbox and picked up a package which contained my new Roger Moore James Bond “Live and Let Die” 12” action figure! This thing is gorgeous, and the sculpt of his face is perfect! But it had a few problems. First off, the cover photo is backwards. Not sure why they flipped it. Bad QC I guess. But apparently the modelers used that photo as reference when designing the shoulder holster for the figure. They made it backwards, to fit on his right shoulder instead of his left! Oddly enough, the head was correct though, with the hair parted on the correct side. Strange! Also, they included the wrong model of revolver! They included a Colt Python .357 Magnum, instead of the chrome plated Smith & Wesson Model 25 that he used in the movie. Since the figure was over $200 you’d think that every detail would be perfect. But I guess not. But I can live with the errors I guess. After lunch I got some groceries, and then went home to do some writing on a project. I met my friend Sara at Ernie’s Taco House for dinner, and then came home to work a bit and relax on the couch. I got up later to do some more work. I opened up all my doors and windows and listened to it rain outside. It was really coming down! And the L.A. “river” outside the back of my house was really rushing with trillions of gallons of water! I made myself a Chef Boyardee pizza-in-a-box and got ready for more “Addams Family” episodes. But just as I had taken my dinner tray up to my room to begin my dinner, I misjudged the space and the tray’s legs got caught up in my comforter. My dinner (complete with pumpkin pie and whipped cream) toppled over face down on my comforter! BOY was I mad at myself! I scraped up the pieces pizza from my bed and put them back on the plate. (Good thing my comforter was clean!) I picked up my pie and put that back on the plate too. I wasn’t about to bake another pizza, so I made do. But I was so mad at myself for doing something so stupid I was seething!

Saturday the 2nd – SOAKING SOPPING SATURDAY! – Though I had gotten up at noon for a lunch meeting with my friend Pete, I got a text message from him that he had a leak in his house that needed attention. Plus, the weather wasn’t ideal for driving around in anyway. It was raining cats and dogs! So we agreed to postpone it a week. I walked Roxy quick and then headed back to bed for a while with the windows open so I could let the rain lull me to sleep. I got up later and the rain had subsided for the nonce. I met my pal Grigg from Detroit at Jerry’s Famous Deli. He was in town for an autograph show with his buddies Mike and Ed. After dinner we headed to my house for a quick tour, and then movie night began. For the past several months I’ve shown a dog-themed movie on the first Saturday of every month. I finished up my series with the 1994 “Lassie” which starred my dog Roxy’s grandpa Howard. It’s a nice film and everyone enjoyed it. We normally go until midnight, but because the next storm was expected to start moving in by 11pm, we made it an early night and called it around 10pm. That way everyone could get home before the next onslaught of rain. As it began to sprinkle I napped on the couch, and then I got up later to work on my “Heartbeeps” figure. It’s going on display in April at Monsterpalooza so I’m starting to fix it up to get it ready for exhibition. It took some hand-stitching, and I’m not really very good at that, so it took me a considerable amount of time to get it the way I wanted it. I made my traditional Saturday Night Super Salad and watched another third season episode of “SNL.” The musical guest was Eddie Money and he totally rocked it with “Baby Hold On” and “Two Tickets to Paradise” – two great songs!

Sunday the 3rd – THE STUPID BOWL! – Around 4 I got up in time for evening church, but since it was still sprinkling out I didn’t want to take Roxy. After church my “adopted grandma” Shirley and I went to Bob’s Big Boy for burgers. We went for two reasons. First, I knew that Bob’s didn’t have a TV, so we wouldn’t need to hear the people cheering at the Stupid Bowl, nor would we have to be annoyed by it on TV. Secondly, since most people stayed home and ate there, the restaurants would be mostly vacant (especially the ones without TVs!) So we got seated immediately, and we had a nice, quiet dinner. I took Shirley back to her home and then came back to Planet Wallywood to relax. After a short nap I got up to do my nightly auditions, and then set about working on my Robin mannequin. Since he came from the Hollywood Museum he needed to have a few minor adjustments done, so I work on doing those for a few hours. I made a pot pie and watched a few more “Addams Family” episodes.

And how was YOUR week??!!


In between rainstorms, we’ve had some pretty remarkable sunsets in L.A.!

Yup, I saw “Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus!” It’s amazing!

Eddie Money rocks “SNL” back in season 3!

Despite a few minor flawed details, the new Roger Moore figure from DID is really quite astounding!

Here’s some more video of the water that runs behind my place during the rains. The Hollywood wash turns into a raging river.